In Part 1 of this episode, Jim Oliver and Robert Murphy discuss:
- Understanding the different schools of economics.
- Quantitative Easing – What does that mean?
- Is Crypto currency the answer?
- If the system is stacked against you, you have to break away from it if you want to be free.
- Don’t be fooled by the illusion. If we’re in a bad economy, printing money is not the answer.
“Don’t be fooled by the illusion. If we’re in a bad economy, printing money is not the answer.” – Dr. Bob Murphy, PhDAbout Dr. Robert Murphy, PhD:
Robert P. Murphy is a Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute. He is the author of many books. His latest is Contra Krugman: Smashing the Errors of America’s Most Famous Keynesian. His other works include Chaos Theory, Lessons for the Young Economist, and Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action (Independent Institute, 2015) which is a modern distillation of the essentials of Mises’s thought for the layperson. Murphy is cohost, with Tom Woods, of the popular podcast Contra Krugman, which is a weekly refutation of Paul Krugman’s New York Times column. He is also host of The Bob Murphy Show and sits on the Board of Directors at the Nelson Nash Institute.